The website WhatToDoWithTheKids.com recently conducted a survey to find The Top 10 Family Holiday Movies and TV Specials. Here's the top 10, along with each one's rank in 2011. (There are actually 12 titles listed, thanks to a three-way tie.)
1. The 1966 animated special, "How the Grinch Stole Christmas", which was also #1 in 2011.
2. The animated TOM HANKS movie, "The Polar Express", which he made back in 2004.
3. JIMMY STEWART'S 1946 black-and-white classic, "It's a Wonderful Life"
4. The 1964 animated special, "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer"
5. The 2004 WILL FERRELL comedy, "Elf"
6. A three-way tie between the 1965 animated special, "A Charlie Brown Christmas". . . TIM ALLEN'S 1994 movie "The Santa Clause". . . and the 1969 animated special, "Frosty the Snowman"
7. JIM CARREY'S live-action version of "The Grinch" from 2000.
8. NATALIE WOOD'S 1947 black-and-white classic, "Miracle on 34th Street"
9. The 1989 CHEVY CHASE movie, "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"
10. The 1992 movie, "A Muppet Christmas Carol"
So, the question now is, what's your favorite holiday film? Tell me in the comments below!
With Christmas just around the corner, I thought this might be helpful. I've put together a list of great Country Christmas CDs that you can check out this year! There are lots of great artists and lots of great music out there, these are just a few of my suggestions. You can also comment below about your favorite Christmas tunes, I'd love to hear from ya! ~ DJ
(And if you want to go old school, this next one is my favorite)
CHRISTMAS CLASSICS (DEAN MARTIN, BING CROSBY, NAT KING COLE, ETC)
Okay, so I admit, it's been some time since I was in marching band. I know that you have to raise the bar on your performances over time. What I don't know is how anyone is going to top this! Ohio State Marching Band does a tribute to the movies, and even throws in a jab at the opposing team!
Oh, and by the way, pyrotechnics on the field? Nice touch!
With parents thinking about their kids and doing the annual trick-or-treat thing this year, I thought these might come in handy. If your kids are headed out to get bags of candy, and you want to know where they are, here's an extra way that you can keep tabs on them!
TRACK-OR-TREAT - Free iPhone app that sends a time-limited link of their location thanks to phone number or email. It can also let parents know if they travel outside of a specifically designated area!
LIFE 360 - Free iPhone or Droid app that keeps tabs on family location by means of group messaging! Includes notifications for different zones like when kids make it to school, leaves the house, neighborhood, etc.
Let's face it... If you've ever been married or planned a wedding, it's a MONUMENTAL task. You have to get the flowers, the church, the reception, the wedding party, the cake, the guests. The list is practically endless.
For this Texas couple, it all happened IN A DAY, thanks to Pinterest. Ryan Leak overheard his girlfriend of 5 years, Amanda Roman, talking about how she dreamed of getting engaged and married on the same day. (New one to me, but hey, whatever she wants, right?) So Ryan, being the guy that he was, figured out that she had "pinned" practically everything she wanted for her dream wedding on there. He just pulled those ideas together and planned the entire wedding from that! Watch the video below and get the rest of the story!
P.S. Ladies, grab the tissues... Guys, the bar has just been raised. Sorry...